How Should Lidex Be Used
Lidex is a topical adrenocortical steroid that has the ability to reduce inflammation on the skin. This medication may come in the form of a gel, cream or solution. It is given to people for skin inflammation, itchiness and redness. Lidex should only be applied on the affected area after you have consulted the doctor. The dosage and application will depend on the nature and severity of the condition.
How to Apply Lidex
- A small amount of Lidex should be taken and applied to the affected area.
- This should be done 2 to 4 times in one day daily or as prescribed by the doctor.
- The medication should be rubbed in gently or as prescribed by the physician.
- The medication should not be used on the sensitive areas of the body like the groin, underarms or face. If the doctor instructs you to do so, you can. The area should not be covered unless instructed by the physician.
- When you are applying this medication near the eye, there is a possibility of you getting severe irritation. This is the reason why you must ensure that it does not get into the eye region. In case, the medication gets into the eye region, you should flush the area with water.
- When you are taking Lidex, you will find there are many factors that affect the dose of the medication like body weight and different medical conditions. You should stick to the dose your doctor has recommended. You should never change the dose that your doctor has given to you. In case, you face problems with the dose, you should consult him/her before you make any alterations.
- The dose should not only be taken as prescribed by the doctor but in case you miss a dose, you should wait for the next one. If you remember the missed dose too late, you should skip the missed one and continue with the regular dosage prescribed. When you are applying Lidex, you should never make the mistake of applying extra doses. In case, you do not know what to do when you skip the dose, you can call your pharmacist or doctor to get advice.
- When you are taking Lidex, you should store the medication at room temperature. The medication should be protected from moisture and light. It should also be kept out of the reach of pets and children. When you are disposing the medication, you should never do so in household garbage, waste water or flush it down the sink. In case, you have medications that have expired or no longer required, you should ask your medical practitioner on how you should dispose them. If you have any kind of medical history, you should tell this to your doctor.
There is a possibility of Lidex interfering with some medications you consume. This is why before you stop or start any kind of treatment with Lidex, you should consult your medical practitioner and ensure you get the best advice when it comes to the administration and the dosage of Lidex.
“Side Effects Of Lidex“