Lidex E Cream Usage and Side Effects
Corticosteroid is regarded as a powerful substance to reduce inflammation and allergic reactions on the skin. Among products that use strong corticosteroid is lidex, which is made from corticosteroid fluocinonide. Lidex is available as both lidex generic and one sold with particular brand names. This topical cream is considered powerful in overcoming various skin disorders; however, it may also cause unwanted effects. If you want to use it, make sure that you know how to use it and all side effects that it may cause. Also make sure that you have consulted your doctor before using this medication.
How to Use the Cream
Your doctor is the best person who can tell you about the right way to use this cream. This is why you should consult your doctor before you use it. The general rule of using this cream is, however, always the same.
- You have to make sure that the part of the skin where this cream will be applied is clean.
- The hand that you will use to apply the cream should also be washed beforehand.
- When administering this cream, don’t dispense the cream excessively from its container.
- Apply a thin film on it to your skin and rub it very gently.
- Apply it to your skin 2 or 4 times every day. This is the general application procedure of this cream. Your doctor may prescribe different procedure when you have to use this cream. Therefore, always consult your doctor to learn about the right way to use this medication.
- When using this cream, never apply it to sensitive areas like groin, underarm and face. If the skin disorders you are suffering occur on those areas, you should consult your doctor to find out whether or not you can use this cream on those areas. Your doctor may permit you under specific conditions.
Possible Side Effects and Interactions
There are several possible side effects that may occur if you use this medication. When your skin absorbs fluocinonide, side effects that may occur include blurred vision, insomnia, mood swing, fatigue, and weight gain. When those side effects occur, simply continue using the medication for some more time. When prescribing the medication, your doctor may tell you that side effects may occur and they may disappear after some time, so you don’t have to worry when they occur. Consult your doctor only when those side effects worsen or when they never diminish.
Pregnant women should be very cautious when using this cream because fluocinonide that is absorbed by their skin may cause unwanted effects to their fetus. Consult your doctor to learn more about how to use this cream during pregnancy period.
When you consult your doctor, don’t forget to tell her about all drugs that you are taking, unless she has already questioned you about them. Drug interaction can be a serious problem when you use this cream. Your doctor may not permit you to use this cream if you are taking certain drugs, particularly those containing corticosteroid.